Dr. Kamalakanta Sahoo
Kamalakanta SahooStatistics, Life Cycle Analysis, and Economics Research
One Gifford Pinchot Drive
- Design and simulation of bioenergy supply chain using integrated modeling approaches to optimize economic, environmental and social impacts
- Integrated LCA-TEA models to estimate both environmental and economic impacts of producing wood briquettes, torrefied-wood briquettes, and biochar from forest residues using portable systems (using SimaPro).
- Life cycle assessment of redwood lumber
- Working on to develop a multi-objective linear programming model to optimize the supply chain network of bioenergy/bio-products produced from forest residues (using Gurobi).
- Working on to develop a discrete-event simulation model of bioenergy/bio-products supply chain to produce terrified pellets, briquettes and biochar using forest residues to quantify supply chain performances such as cost, GHG emissions and energy use and measure various risks (using Anylogic).
- Supply chain sustainability analysis, Lifecycle assessment (LCA) and Techno-economic analysis (TEA)
- Discrete-event simulation and Supply chain optimization
- Big-data analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Statistical Analysis, Geospatial modeling and analysis, and Biomass resource assessment
- Watershed modeling (Biomass yield prediction, and soil and water quality analysis)
Sahoo, Kamalakanta; Bilek, Edward; Bergman, Richard; Mani, Sudhagar. 2019. Techno-economic analysis of producing solid biofuels and biochar from forest residues using portable systems. Applied Energy. 235: 578-590. Bergman, Rick; Berry, Michael; Bilek, E. M. (Ted); Bowers, Tait; Eastin, Ivan; Ganguly, Indroneil; Han, Han-Sup; Hirth, Kolby; Jacobson, Arne; Karp, Steve; Oneil, Elaine; Page-Dumroese, Deborah S.; Pierobon, Francesca; Puettmann, Maureen; Rawlings, Craig; Rosenbaum, Sevda Alanya; Sahoo, Kamalakanta; Sasatani, Daisuke; Sessions, John; Sifford, Cody; Waddell, Tom. 2018. Waste to Wisdom: Utilizing forest residues for the production of bioenergy and biobased products. Final Report: Biomass Research and Development Initiative Program Award Number DE-EE0006297. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Energy. 65 p.
- University of Georgia, Phd, Engineering Life cycle Assessment, Techno-economic Analysis, Supply chain optimization and simulation, Geospatial Analysis , 2017
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, M.S. Industrial Engineering Supply chain optimization , 2008
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar , B.S. Agricultural Engineering Agricultural Engineering , 2005
- Research Assistant, University of Georgia 2012 - 2017 -Optimization of sustainable biomass supply chain for the production of biogas from organic waste and energy crops -Economic and environmental assessments of Bio-CNG production via liquid-state and solid-state anaerobic digestion technologies -Lifecycle analysis of Miscanthus biomass supply chain using discrete-event simulation -Sustainable assessment of crop residues, organic waste, manure and energy crops (from strip-mined areas) in the state of Ohio and optimal locations of biorefineries -Techno-economic analysis of bale, chips, and pellet storage systems for a large scale bio-refinery -Engineering economics of cotton stalk supply logistics systems for bioenergy applications
|Publication Year: 2018|
Highlight ID: 1314
|Economic Analysis of Making Solid Biofuels and Biochar from Forest Residues Using Portable Production Systems in the U.S.|
Higher logistic cost is one of the major bottlenecks to produce renewable power, fuel, or bioproducts from forest residues in large-scale production facilities. Smaller scale and portable production facilities that consume forest residues near to the ...
Highlight ID: 1315
|Techno-economic and Environmental Assessments of Storing Woodchips and Pellets for Bioenergy Applications|
Storage is the critical operation within the biomass supply chain to reduce feedstock supply risks and to manage smooth year-around operations of a biorefinery or a bioenergy plant. Moreover, storage incurs the cost and produces potent greenhouse gas ...