Delton Alderman, Research Forest Products Technologist
Delton AldermanForest Products Marketing Unit
Research Forest Products Technologist
301 Hardwood Lane, Suite B
- Education &
- Organizations &
- Products &
- Development of a mass customization or personalization model for the transfer of technology and knowledge.
- Assessment of attributes or cues that veneer procurement personnel emphasize in veneer log procurement.
- Assessment of attributes or cues that veneer clippers/manufacturers utilize in final clipping decisions
- Assessment of consumer preferences among and between select U.S. and foreign hardwood species.
- Assessment of primary and secondary manufacturers' technology transfer needs, specifically gauging interest in developing personalized technology transfer.
- Entrepreneurial management and marketing for white pine sawmills and producers.
- Discernment of fashion/trendsetters in the furniture and flooring industry segments for enhancing hardwood utilization.
- Personalization of technology transfer
- Personalization of furniture manufacture
- Procurement and consumer preference effects on hardwood forest management
- Human interaction and experience with wood products
NRS-01's stated goals are to promote natural resource conservation and help sustain forest-based industries and economies through research and development on resource characteristics, forest management practices, and innovative processing technologies. The research scientist's projects address these goals, as sustainable industries are congruent with and integral to forest management and healthy forests.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VPI), Ph.D. Wood Science and Forest Products , 2001
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VPI), M.S. Wood Science and Forest Products , 1998
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VPI), B.S. Forestry and Wildlife Management , 1982
- Forestry Consultant, Delton Alderman, Winston-Salem, NC 1985 - 1996
- Procurement Forester, D T House Co. Inc, Louisburg NC 1982 - 1984
- Forest Products Society (FPS), Member (1999 - Present)
- American Marketing Association, (2001 - Present)
- Society of Wood Science and Technology (SWST), (2003 - Present)
- Society of American Foresters (SAF), (1982 - 1994)
- Forest Products Society, Extension and Technology Transfer Technical Interest Group, Chair (2006 - 2009)
- Forest Products Society, Marketing Technical Interest Group, Chair (2006 - 2009)
- Forest Products Society, Membership Committee, Carolinas-Chesapeake Section, Chair And Director (2005 - 2008)
|Publication Year: 2017|
Highlight ID: 1288
|Housing markets are critical to the wood products industry|
U.S. and international housing markets are critical to the wood products industry, as new single-family units consume more value-added wood products than any other wood consuming sector. ...