The Forest Products Laboratory (FPL) is proud to sponsor Forest Business Network’s North American Mass Timber Conference, March 22–24, 2016, in Portland, Oregon. The event, held at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, will allow industry professionals a forum to discuss the future of timber construction in North America.
Registration is open, and event organizers are offering a 25% “early bird” discount on full passes and exhibit spaces through December 2.
The conference will feature a lineup of expert speakers from around the world who will address how to best advance wood as a building material, improve the cross-laminated timber (CLT) and mass timber industries in North America, and increase the use of wood in low- to mid-rise and tall buildings.
The conference will also explore current opportunities and obstacles for nail-laminated timber, glulam panels, and laminated veneer lumber.
In-depth panels will tackle topics from 9 categories, including:
Overall Building System
- Mass timber overview and standards
- PRG-320 ANSI/APA Performance Standard (CLT), fasteners
U.S. Building Codes
- Fire resistance, seismic, acoustic, thermal values, health benefits
Manufacturing of Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT)
- Efficient plant design, layout/operation, and workforce
- Current and anticipated manufacturing capacity in North America
- Design and software, CAD programming
Engineering — Challenges and Opportunities
- Mass timber as a construction product in North America
- Research gaps
- Economic efficiencies
- Sourcing contractors for building mass timber buildings
Nail-Lam and Other Mass Timber Construction Products
- Current mass timber buildings
- Nail-lam and CLT
- Current mass timber buildings and what they cost
- Geographic opportunities/limitations
- Update on mass timber construction in Europe and beyond
A&Es, Designers, City Planners, Building Department Officials
- Compatible software and the transfer of design into finished products
- Concrete and wood working as one
Timber construction is on the rise in North America — don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity! Join FPL at the North American Mass Timber Conference!
For more information, including the most up-to-date agenda, please visit www.MassTimberConference.com